Did you know the average annual snowfall for the Chicago area is slightly higher than 36 inches? Cold temperatures and the windchill also mean that ice is another common inconvenience Chicago residents and business owners have to deal with in the wintertime. Thankfully, there are professional snow plow contractors that work hard to keep streets, sidewalks and parking lots accessible and safe in the winter. If you are thinking about using the services of a Chicago snow plow business this winter, you should definitely sign a contract with them. Here’s why:
- To protect your business. A contract clearly defines the responsibilities of the contractor as well as any guidelines they have to follow. This establishes clear expectations for both parties and prevents disputes over what the contractor will and won’t do.
- It doesn’t take much time. Putting together a contract and signing it does not take much time. There are free templates available that can easily be customized. More importantly, we recommend using a contractor that already has established contracts. This shows professionalism and service history under a wide variety of circumstances.
- Prevent legal issues. A contract can prevent lawsuits by putting in writing the responsibilities of each party. In case of a lawsuit, the contract will be used to come to a fair decision.
- Simplify billing and streamline communications. Billing is much easier if the contract lists the different services being provided as well as their prices. You will not have any surprises when you get a bill from your snow removal service if it’s all spelled out ahead of time.
- Confirm reliability. Finally, a contract will give you a better idea of how reliable and professional the snow removal contractor you selected really is. Look for information such as quality checks performed by the contractor, when the service will begin and end and whether or not you will have to request snow or ice removal or trust the judgement of your contractor regarding when removal services are needed.
Signing a contract with a snow removal company is a quick process and is actually a good way to make sure you have found a reliable contractor. Consider contacting us at Brancato Snow & Ice Management if you are in search of a trustworthy Chicago plow contractor for the winter.