If you run a business in Chicago, there is no question that you need a solution for ice and snow. We have some harsh winter weather conditions that can lead to slippery parking lots and sidewalks, and the last thing you want is to put your customers in an unsafe position and risk being liable for slips and falls or have to close your business due to being slammed with a blizzard.
If you hire the wrong company to handle your snow and ice management you could end up waiting longer than you should for snow and ice to be removed, or even worse, be shocked to find that the company hasn’t done what they need to do to protect themselves or you as the business owner. It is always best to hire a professional company with years of experience and a variety of equipment to get the job done right. If you’re not sure how to analyze a company’s qualifications the Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA) is a great place to start.
How does it benefit business owners to hire a SIMA association member for snow contracting?
- SIMA offers ongoing training to its members, so you know the company you hire will be properly educated in the best snow and ice removal practices.
- SIMA offers certifications at multiple levels, so you have a quantitative way to know exactly how qualified a snow and ice management company is to take on your business.
- SIMA members prioritize communication with clients and extensive record keeping, so you’ll always know what is going on, and when they have visited your property for what.
- SIMA members are properly insured, mitigating risk for themselves and for you.
- SIMA members are made aware of all the latest technology and procedures in successful snow and ice management.
For more information on snow and ice management for your company, please contact us. We are proud to be SIMA members.