While the summer sun is beating down on the hot pavement, Chicago winter storms may be the last thing on your mind. However, just because it won’t be snowing any time soon doesn’t mean you shouldn’t put some real thought into your company’s snow removal solutions. When you wait until it is already snowing to make a decision about snow and ice management, it will be too late to carefully evaluate commercial snow removal contractors to make sure you hire the best.
If you take a little time this summer to evaluate your snow and ice management needs, as well as your budget, you will have the time you need to find a quality company in Chicago that you can trust to do the best job possible.
Here are a few questions to ask a commercial snow contractor before you hire them.
- How regularly do your employees undergo training and evaluation? You want to hire a company that is thoroughly invested in their staff development so you don’t end up with a poorly-trained new-employee causing damage to your parking lot and sidewalks.
- What hours are you available? Ideally, you should find a company that will respond to snow and ice emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on holidays.
- What percentage of your business is focused on commercial clients? A company that mostly does residential service does not understand the unique needs you have to make sure your storefront is clean, safe and approachable for your customers.
- Do you take any pre-emptive measures to prevent ice build-up when a storm is beginning? You should look for a full-service solution that meets and anticipates your needs.
- Are you licensed and insured? Also check on affiliations and accreditations to determine a snow removal company’s reputation and dependability.
If you want to meet a quality snow management team that takes great pride in serving the Chicago area commercial market, please contact us at Brancato Snow and Ice Management.